Thursday, July 24, 2014

"Paper Mâché broke my back.."

My class is something else, that being one of the more memorable quotes that they managed to say in English from the two weeks.

Hi everybody,

I'm really glad to be the writer for today, day 12. This week has flown by and it has been a great time. Today was full of excitement as the teacher/translator soccer tournament took place today. You could feel the excitement in the air as we neared 1 o'clock. The tournament ended in upset as Tom, Patrice, Chery, Coma, Willams and Benson won the whole thing leaving Alex and Marshall in the dust (pun intended). Unfortunately, Team 1, clearly the better team, consisting of myself, Michelle, Ronaldo, Wesly and Jean also fell short and came in second.

I really can't put into words how awesome it was to play on the small basketball court in the back of the Village of Hope surrounded by 75-100 students who were going nuts watching their teachers playing their favorite game so I won't. Just know that it was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had.

These two weeks are some of the most memorable of my life and I'm so glad I got to spend them with these wonderful people. My paper mâché class could not have gone better and the kids have been wonderful. Haiti has made me special and I am glad I get to experience this beautiful and amazing place.

Thanks for reading,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment