Monday, July 14, 2014

Marshall is awesome.

Monday-- Today went better than I expected. Waking up early was difficult but the excitement got me moving
. You could feel the excitement at the breakfast table and around the compound. After leaving 15 minutes behind schedule, we still managed to get to the school in time to set up our classrooms. I was very lucky with my classroom, since it's the chapel, there's an open breeze and much cooler than the other rooms. The kids filed into the chapel and welcomed us with prayer and a song. My first class only had 3 kids, but my second class had 15 and they were all boys. Two kids that I had from last year showed up and immediately started playing the cup song for me, which I taught them last year. To say I am happy is an understatement. They even sang songs for me. My class received tambourines and maracas, and decorated their own bags. It couldn't have gone better. My translator Rodolph is a musician as well and bounced ideas off of me, making us a great team. After classes we either go out in the towns (such as the iron shops), or we hang out at the compound. Today we went to an overlook at Goat Mountain. We drove all the way to the top and looked down on Haiti. It was breathtaking. We took so many pictures (and selfies) and was the cherry on top to the first day. If this is any indication to how the rest of our time is going to go, then we are in for something amazing.

Also, Marshall is awesome and is a great director/driver.

Hayley

PS-visit Brena (team members) blog... Goinggoldinhaiti.blogspot.com
PSS- leave a comment so we can say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment